|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
Hibbits Mill, Muncie, Indiana, located between Franklin and High Streets on the mill race.
Back of photo: "The Old Flour Mill" "This Flour Mill was erected in 1854 and 1855 and was equipped and put in operation in the Fall of 1856. The firm name being Wysor & Kline, they continued business until 1874, when Mr. W. Hibbits took an interest, the firm becoming Wysor Kline & Co. In 1885 Mr. Kline retired and the firm became Wysor and HIbbits. Mr. Wysor passed away in 1905, his interest was taken over and 'Hibbits Mill Co.' was organized by Wallace Hibbits, Frank Hibbits, Howard H. Hibbits, and Will Seery. This company was dissolved on Oct. 19, 1918."
Written in pen: "Howard H. Hibbits whose house was occupied by Burr & Nelle Munson, daughters Betty & Jo. Sons Bill & Jack were born there. Hibbits home stood at corner of Walnut & Gilbert St., Muncie.
|Print size||9 1/2 x 7 3/4"|
Hibbits, Frank N.
Hibbits, Howard H.
Business & Commerce
|Dimension Details||13 3/4 x 11 3/4" mounted|
|Number of images||1.0|
|Processing Method||Gelatin Silver Print|