Object Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Object Name Mirror, Wall
Catalog Number 96.42.360
Description Large wall mirror with looking glass in two sections. Frame is executed in mahogany with gilt molding. The crest features a gilt eagle in a central circular opening, and is flanked by scrolls and cusps. The apron of the frame is half-round and also flanked with scrolls and cusps. The silvered glass is in two parts with the upper being small and square, and the lower long and rectangular. The two sections are joined by a gilt batten.
Year Range from 1780
Year Range to 1830
Material mahogany/glass
Provenance This mirror was kept and used in the Oakhurst Estate by Elisabeth Ball. The piece was either purchased by Elisabeth or inherited from George and Frances Ball. After her passing, the piece was donated to the George and Frances Ball Foundation, then later donated to the Elisabeth Ball Collection at Minnetrista.
Dimensions H-64 W-24.75 D-1.5 inches
People Ball, Elisabeth
Ball, George Alexander family
Ball brothers
Ball family
Subjects Furniture
Mirrors
Classification Domestic Life/Furnishings
Furniture
Imagefile 043\9642360.JPG